BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Little bit of this, a little bit of that, will somebody please get me a Kit- Kat!

Hey! How is everyone? Grand, I hope!

It's been a very long time since I last picked up my pencil almost a year, actually. It's not because I don't love to draw, I do, but see, I lost a lot of my art supplies and drawings in a fire I had last year, 2009. When things like that happen you lose a bit of yourself, I guess. Well, a few days ago I was going around the blogs I follow and one of my favorites is The Twirling Dragon. Kim has wonderful art and mostly she seems to draw the Human face and body, though she can draw just about anything. I, on the other hand, love drawing animals such as Dragons, lions, gorillas, and have only drawn the Human face twice(years and years ago) and never the human body. So, when I was over at Kim's blog I had this overwhelming desire to draw and try my hand at the human body, which I've never done before. A little nervous I got up and found me a mechanical pencil and a piece of white copy paper and started to draw my lil' one. Once I got started I realized how much I've missed drawing and the utter solitude it gives me. I completely zone out. By no means is my drawing perfect but I think it turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself. I could definitely use more practice, and I'm sure you can tell I used my eraser quite a lot during the process, but now I'm super ready to start drawing again! And as soon as I have a little extra money I'll be heading to an art store to get me some real art supplies. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have decided to recommit my life to God. I started a new church about 3 months ago and I'm really loving it. The last time I went to church regularly and enjoyed it I'd have to say was when I was about 14 or 15. A church van used to come pick us kids up in front of our trailer park and take us to church every Sunday morning and Wednesday night, but at around the age of 16 or 17 I lost my way and started struggling with my faith. One Sunday morning, about 3 months ago, I woke up and decided its time to make a change and give my woes to the lord. It's been a hard couple of years for us and I had a lot of woes to lay down, but I did. I have not only started going to church on Sunday mornings, but Friday nights "Road to Recovery" and I've volunteered for many church activities, as well. It's been an amazing ride so far and has really opened my heart to the lord and his blessings. Miracles can happen.


Great Song! Love it.(Logan I think you'll really like it :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finished reading a couple books over the past few weeks The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms by N.K. Jemisin and Bite Me by Parker Blue. Both books I enjoyed and highly recommend. Then, this week I'll be starting The Iron Hunt by Marjorie M. Liu and also Before They are Hanged by Joe Abercrombie













Also you can enter to win a SINGED Copy of The Name Of Wind by Patrick Rothfuss over at Rememorandom Awesome book, too, so everyone should enter!:)



Well, I guess thats about it for today and I hope you all have a fantastic week!! :)

Thanks for reading, Krista!

18 Witty Remarks!:

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

I'm glad that things are starting to look up for you. And it's great that you started drawing again.

Now, can I please have a Kit Kat too?!

Tales of Whimsy said...

FAB drawing :)

logankstewart said...

Krista, this is a great post today. You said it right, we forget how much we miss drawing. I remember having 90 minutes devoted to art everyday in high school, and I would listen to my CD player and zone completely out, engulfing myself with my work. I don't draw as much as I used to, but I still find time to draw every once in a while.

Your re-commitment to the Lord is awesome. Keep your focus on Christ and things will work out; life won't be trouble-free, but it'll have a purpose.

That song was pretty cool. There was even a dulcimer playing in it!

Thanks for mentioning my blog!

logankstewart said...

Oh, I forgot to add, that drawing is great! Very cool.

The Art of Kim Kincaid said...

Hi Krista,
You are so kind with your remarks about my art, but if I've helped to motivate you to pick up your pencil and draw, than my blog has served one of it's purposes. I think you have done a remarkable job, especially since this is the first time you've done a full portrait. I think her expression is particularly appealing. Now, don't stop and keep going. Draw everyday.

Thank you for sharing your spiritual awakening as well. Very heart-felt and sincere.

Crystal said...

Great drawing! I do abstract painting with acrylic paints, but haven't painted anything in months. Thanks for sharing!

Tara McClendon said...

I'm glad you found inspiration. The drawing is cute, made more so by the personal connection to the subject. I like to draw my kiddos, but I need a projector and a photo to get it right.

Alexia561 said...

Excellent post! Glad to hear that your life if turning around for the better. And thought your drawing was cute! I never could get the human body right, but enjoyed trying.

Any Kit-Kats left? :D

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Hey Krista! The drawing is really GOOD! I could never be able to draw a person. I was more a scenery person when I did draw. Really good, and I bet the little one is loveing that you drew her.

You have some great books on the horizon. ;) Hope you enjoy Iron Hunt.

Have a great week! And look forward to discussing Before They Are Hanged with you.

Krista said...

Sorry for the delay in replying guys! :)

Michelle @ The True Book Addict, thank you very much it has definitely been an interesting couple of months :)


Juju at Tales of Whimsy, thank you! You are too kind :)

(2x)logankstewart, thank you so much! I want to see some more of your art work, so get to work! LOL! ;) Drawing, for me, can be a major outlet and everything else seems to disappear when I zone out into my art. I definitely go to a happy place. LOL!
And Right on, I just need to trust in the lord and I think everything will turn out okay in the end, it's been a wonderful experience so far. :)
Yeah, that song just makes me happy, and every time I hear it I just wanna clap my hands and stomp my feet! Ha-Ha! Glad you liked it!


The Art of Kim Kincaid, Thank you so much! It was a joy to draw and share with everyone! Drawing everyday is now on my list of things to do! lol :)
Your welcome it's been an amazing experience, and thank you for reading. :)



Crystal, Thank you!! You should paint something and I would love to see it on your blog if you ever wanted to share it! :) I love art!


Tara McClendon, thank you! I was happy to find inspiration, as well. Now I've been drawing almost everyday! It's wonderful and completely makes me happy :)




Alexia561, thank you! I know what you mean, sometimes my drawings don't turn out so well be it's the ride that makes it fun :)

Melissa (My World...in words and pages), thank you, Mel, she was such a joy to draw!! :) Oh, and thank you for The Iron Hunt so far its really good, and I look forward to our discussion, as well! :)



Thank you all for commenting! KIT-KATS FOR EVERYONE!!! :D

Ryan said...

Glad to hear you are starting to get things straightened out in your life and it's great to see a piece of your art work again.

Krista said...

Thank you, Ryan, it's been a joy to draw again! :)

Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) said...

What a wonderful post. I used to draw too but haven't in awhile. Same with church. I was born and raised Catholic, went every Sunday. Stopped when I was in my twenties and now that I have a child am thinking of going again.

Good luck with your new journy and discoveries!

Nells said...

i loved your blog!!!
very nice posts!!i used to draw,too..i stopped a few years ago!i remember now how much i loved it..it seems i've lost it but i haven't tried again..
i am a greek orthodox..and i haven't been to church for quite a while...i want to but when my mother who is very religious presses me to go..i just do the opposite...i can't be there to make sb else happy.it has to be my own free will..

Kelly said...

You have a wonderful blog site.
Kelly Bookend Diaries

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

So glad you found a church you enjoy. We have one we go to here and I just love it!

Jessica said...

I'm happy for you and your new-found inspiration for drawing and re-comitting to the Lord. (Great drawing, by the way!) I'm glad you found a good church to attend - those are sometimes hard to come by. Plus, that song is amazing. I am a huge fan of Needtobreathe.

Alyssa from Popular Books said...

I can't make myself read the Iron Hunt but it's great from what I've heard.