BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I won my first Book Contest! Woot! Woot!




Thanks to...MY NAME IS ELENI AND I AM A BOOKAHOLIC... at /- LA FEMME READERS -/ I just won my First book contest! Woot! Woot! I really can't wait to read this! I can't even believe I won! Thank you so much, Eleni!

Legacy by Cayla Kluver!


Summary for those of you who aren't familiar with the book:
"An award-winning YA fantasy debut, 16-year-old novelist Cayla Kluver brings a magical touch to an unrelentingly suspenseful coming-of-age tale. Duty-bound to wed her father’s choice in successor to the throne, Princess Alera of Hytanica believes that she is being forced into the worst of all possible fates—a marriage to the arrogant and hot-tempered suitor, Steldor. When a mysterious boy from enemy Cokyri appears bearing secrets and an entirely different view of what's appropriate behavior for a young lady, Alera learns that her private desires threaten to destroy the kingdom. When Narian’s shocking past comes to light, Alera finds herself in a shadowy world of palace intrigue and ancient blood feuds, facing an uncertain future with dwindling options—and must learn to decide between right and wrong all alone. Marked by witty, rapid-fire dialogue and dramatic complexity that belie the writer’s age, Legacy brings a fresh, new sensibility to age-old questions of duty and inheritance and to a young heroine’s quest to find her true voice."

30 Witty Remarks!:

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

WOW! Congradulations!!!!

This book sounds really good too. Cool beans! Woot, Woot! Way to go Krista!

Krista said...

I know, Mel, I'm so excited about it, it's like the coolest thing ever! I never win anything LOL! Thanks!

Alexia561 said...

Congrats on winning your first contest! And what a book to win...it looks awesome! Winning contests rocks! :D

Krista said...

Thanks Alexia! It was the coolest thing ever! I know I can't wait to read it and I love the cover too!

Jessica said...

Congrats!! That book looks so good; I really want to read it!
I look forward to reading your review. :)

Teddyree said...

Congrats Krista, exciting to win, especially such a great book.

PS I have an award for you, you can pick it up at The Eclectic Reader

Sheila (bookjourney) said...

OOH! The book looks wonderful - congratulations!

Sarbear said...

This looks like the coolest book!

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

Congratulations! It sounds like a really good book!

Stop by and pick up your award:

http://thetruebookaddict.blogspot.com/2009/09/awards-id-like-to-thank.html

Blodeuedd said...

Wohoo congrats :D
I hear great things about it

HODGEPODGESPV said...

congrats on your award...looks like this is the umteenth time you've won so yea you!

Tales of Whimsy said...

Congrats :) this is on my TBR list so I'm definitely looking forward to your review.

logankstewart said...

Congrats, Krista. That's pretty cool that it's an ARC, too. Enjoy!

Krista said...

Thank you, everyone, this is like the coolest thing ever! I can't even believe I won! I am so all smiles :):):):):)

Lori Johnston said...

Congrats, Krista! That is so awesome!
I won my first book giveaway last week and I was geeking out over it all day, telling everyone I knew. (I never win anything either)
What a great feeling!
You'll have to read and give us a review. :)

Unknown said...

Congrats on your win! I love competitions, so much fun. Enjoy reading your book :)

Okie said...

congratulations. Should be a fun read

Unknown said...

Yeah! Congrats the first of many, many, many. I wanted to win this too and signed up. Can't wait to hear what you think since we have some tastes in common. :)

Christa Bledsoe said...

Congratulations :)

Krista said...

Thank you, guys! I can't wait to read and review it! So awesome!

Sarbear said...

Something for you at my page : )

Lizzy said...

Congrats on your win, it looks like a cool read. Plus, the author is young, and I always think it's interesting to read YA books written from an actual teen.

Tara McClendon said...

That's great. Congrats.

Lori Johnston said...

Krista, you've been tagged!
http://psychoticstate.blogspot.com/2009/09/abcs-of-me.html

Anonymous said...

Awesome! :) Congratulations!!

bookmagic said...

Congratulations, I hope you enjoy it!!

Krista said...

Thank you, guys! It's absolutely awesome!

Anonymous said...

congrats!!! wow that book looks awesome! hope you enjoy !

Krista said...

Thank you, okbolover! I'm sure it's going to be awesome!

Froggy said...

Congrats Krista!! Looks like a great book!! :)